Crime prevention and campus safety are taken seriously at UNC Charlotte. Each year UNC Charlotte Police & Public Safety conducts numerous safety awareness programs for the campus community including:
- A.L.I.C.E. Training
- National Campus Safety Awareness Month
- National Crime Victims’ Rights Week
- Rape Aggression Defense (R.A.D)
- Operation ID
Emergency Management operates under the umbrella of Safety & Security and is part of the Police & Public Safety Department. Emergency Management is dedicated to managing the response to any unforeseen event on campus. Additional information can be found on the Business Continuity Planning (BCP) webpage. Emergency management is a collaborative effort between PPS and BCP.
Parking and Transportation Services (PaTS)
Permits are required for students, faculty, staff and visitors to park on campus. If a parking permit or parking pass is not properly displayed, a ticket will be issued by parking services personnel. For more campus parking info click here.
Protect Your Property
How to Protect Personal Property including cars, computers, cell phones, radar detectors, portable listening devices, etc:
- Always park in well lit areas if possible.
- Lock it when you leave it (room or vehicle).
- If you can't take it, hide or cover it (including power cords).
- Photograph, write or store item model and serial numbers.
- UNC Charlotte PPS permanently engraves unique ID #s to personal items upon request.
For more ways to protect your property click here.
Police and Public Safety offers several self defense programs designed to safeguard the campus community. A Personal Safety Awareness training module has been developed by the PPS Criminal Investigations Division for the UNC Charlotte Human Resources Training Department. In addition, a R. A. D. (Rape Aggression Defense) class teaches women safety awareness and self defense techniques.